I am pre-writing this, before we actually hit the road for Texas on Friday--I am in the long and slow process of packing for this trip and realizing how difficult it is (for me) to pair down my clothing to the bare basics for 5 months in a trailer. I am realizing that basics and layering are key here--so here are a few of the pieces I am making sure to bring along with us.
1) Blazer--This is a great blazer I got a few weeks ago at Target on mega-clearance and I wear it all the time. It's super cute over a dress or with jeans.
2) Leather vest--I love vests lately and I love this vest--it's full grain leather with studs and, like the blazer, great with jeans or with a dress or skirt.
3) Basic v-neck shirts--My go to outfit is jeans, v-neck, boots and a vest. I picked up a bunch in neutral colors at Old Navy a few weeks ago in various sizes.
4) Denim work shirt--I live in these shirts. My favorite is one I stole from my mom's closet this summer that I think used to be my dad's. It's way too big and covered in holes, but I wear it constantly with leggings or shorts.
5) Basic sweaters--We'll mostly be in the South and hopefully it won't get colder than the low 60s, but these will be great for evenings sitting outside the Airstream at campgrounds.
6) Lululemon long sleeves--I run in these everyday and running clothes are just as important as regular clothes!
7) Lululemon Wunder Under legging--Currently wearing these. Best leggings every--they maintain their shape and are thick enough to feel ok wearing for pants.
8) Skinny and DoJo Seven Jeans--I love Seven for All Mankind jeans, always have, and my favorite style is the Dojo with a wide leg and very little stretch.
9) Bed Stu Bristol Boot--You think I would go on a long trip without these? Ha. Never.